Transition from pex to pvc for backflow preventer - indiana

Users who are viewing this thread

Nav78

Reaction score
Hello,

i live in the Indianapolis area and planning on installing my own below ground irrigation system. Plumbing in my house is all done using PEX. can someone in the Indianapolis area send me inside(basement) pictures of how pex is transitioned to PVC that goes outside? outside picture of how the backflow preventer is attached to the PvC will also be greatly appreciated.

i have spent many hours looking for this information online but have not been able to find anything useful.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of backflow device your using. That will determine how you can install it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont know if pvc to transition to pvc is legal in the basement maybe copper or cpvc and then the final joint leving the house is allowed to be pvc

Nav78

Reaction score
I dont know if pvc to transition to pvc is legal in the basement maybe copper or cpvc and then the final joint leving the house is allowed to be pvc
Thank you! That is why I am looking for pictures of professionally installed systems to see what they did. Do you know if I can call someone to know what the local code is?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Personaly I wouldnt have pvc inside my house So assuming your home is copper continue with copper untill you exit the home then put a female adapter on the copper and connect to the pvc outside the home

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your pvb will need to be above any sprinkler. So you come out of the house 90 up, pvb (will act as your second 90), then third 90 down. From there you'll want a tee to use as a bleeder and winterizing port. Back into the ground out to the sprinklers. Every fall you'll have to gut the pvb and remove the components for blowing out the system then in spring rebuild.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
my home came with a febco 825y out in yard no basement. John had Important point about pvb needing to be high.
I was focuced with question on material type of piping

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks