Trane HVAC not working

Users who are viewing this thread

mikeandteri

Reaction score
Trane HVAC (trane model twe030c140b0) worked until today. It doesn't turn on at either the attic unit or ouside fan. You can hear the click at the thermostat. I tried heat and cooling.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure that the circuit breaker is on and not tripped...some of them, it's a bit hard to tell, so you might want to turn it off and then back on. There should be a disconnect switch near the unit...make sure that it is on and not tripped as well.

The click you hear...is it in the thermostat or a click at the compressor unit?

It depends on how comfortable you are with using a multimeter, as to whether it would be safe to check further.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
You probably had your AC fixed by now but I would bet that it was the 24v transformer that makes everything operate. The compressor and air handler are on two separate breakers and if the air handler breaker tripped it be a rare occurrence. The click you hear in the thermostat is that it is probably powered by it own battery, not the 24v AC.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks