Trace Copper Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Shubox56

Reaction score
I own a townhouse with a closet dedicated to utilities -- furnace and hot water heater. It's a tight space with the water main, cutoff valve, and meter located behind the hot water heater. To cut off water to the house, I have to reach around the heater --- PITA! Anyway, there's 2 copper pipes (a branch) after the cutoff which extend through the slab, and though uncertain, 1 of the pipes may lead to an outside wall which feeds the outdoor spigot (GUESS WORK). Is there a means of determining if one of the pipes is feeding the outdoor spigot? And equally as important, if it's dedicated to ONLY the outdoor spigot? If it is dedicated, I will remove the hot water heater and hire a plumber to install a cut-off valve to eliminate frozen pipes at the slab near the spigot. I did install a cut-off valve in the outside wall, but it does nothing to protect the pipe at the slab (a much bigger concern). The picture shows the 2 pipes that I'm talking about. They are right next to the wall.

Attachments

• 20230211_110803.jpg
    20230211_110803.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 67
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks