G400 or Toto washlet seat (s350e) w/Ultramax II?

Users who are viewing this thread

matthtang

Reaction score
So I'm renovating my bathroom and would like a fancy Japanese toilet. I assume that the integrated G400 version looks nicer, but I'm worried that it's more likely to have issues. Is going with a separate toilet and washlet a better option in terms of long term reliability? I would appreciate any input.

g400-install-12.jpg

TOTO Washlet G400
https://terrylove.biz/home/132-toto-g400-ms920cemfg-dual-flush-toilet.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I rarely get calls about problems with the integrated TOTO product. Though I did get a call last week on one five years old. I've installed quite a few though over the years. I sell a lot more of the Washlets that go on standard toilets though.

c100-ms604-01.jpg

Even the basic models are nice. I love the warm seat in Winter.

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
g400-install-11.jpg

The G400 is a nice unit. It's a less cluttered look, and a dual flush at 1.28 and 0.9 GPF
You need a true 12" for the rough, the Ultramax II will rough at 11.5" or more.

LearningDIYer

Reaction score
g400-install-11.jpg

The G400 is a nice unit. It's a less cluttered look, and a dual flush at 1.28 and 0.9 GPF
You need a true 12" for the rough, the Ultramax II will rough at 11.5" or more.
I’d like to install a G400, but I’m working with short existing rough in (11” from the finished wall). The wall is tile that I do not want to cut and recess (too much work). Also moving the existing flange by 1” does not seem easy. I tried to find a Rough-in Unit Assembly that would fit in for my 11” rough in or less (replacement for Part # THU6441 that comes with the G400), with no luck. I’m now thinking my only option is to use an offset flange. I bought the 3”-4” PVC Offset Flange w SS Ring (see the picture), which is very different from the oval flanges (I heard oval ones can cause some issues). I measured an offset of about 1 3/4” which is more than I need. (I really need an offset of 1”). However, cutting the wood floor for this offset flange will leave me with a gap from the existing hole in the floor which means less support for the newly installed flange. Does anyone know if the flange needs support below its entire ring? In other words, do I need to fill the gap in the hole after I install this offset flange?
Also, do these flanges clog more than regular flanges with no offset?
Many thanks!

Attachments

• 9D7F5917-2069-4617-A1EB-CD95B8D1E45C.jpeg
    9D7F5917-2069-4617-A1EB-CD95B8D1E45C.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks