Toto Washlet S350e Auto Open Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
My washlet will not auto open anymore. I believe the gear or drive mechanism got stripped when a friend went into the bathroom to help his wife who has dementia. Probably sat on the lid or blocked it from opening. I didn’t want to bring it up to him so trying to figure out the cheapest best way to repair. Everything else works except the oscillating button on the remote is broken off on inside of remote. I actually found and bought a used S350e that has cosmetic issues, missing a base plate and water T connector but otherwise works fine. I just swapped out the two units to check and everything works great. My options appear to be send my broken one in to Toto repair not knowing what it would cost or how good they are. I’m assuming good but expensive. Also I’m sure I need to pay shipping both ways. Or to attempt a repair by switching out parts with working one. My original is beige and new used one is white. I’m pretty handy but can’t find anything online as to how to take them apart and what lies beneath the cover. Does anyone have any experience with Toto repairing a Washlet or taking one apart that could offer some advice? Thanks!

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
Replying to my own post but maybe it might help someone else. Called Toto tech (888) 295-8134 ex #4. They are sending out a prepaid shipping box. There is a flat fee of $175 to fix the unit and check it out. At least there’s no shipping charges.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Replying to my own post but maybe it might help someone else. Call Toto tech (888) 295-8134 ex #4. They are sending out a prepaid shipping box. There is a flat fee of $175 to fix the unit and check it out. At least there’s no shipping charges.

Thanks for that update.
A customer of mine a few blocks away did that with his Neorest that I had sold and installed for him. We took the top part off, shipped it off and when it came back put it back on.

The funny thing is that his father knew my father and he had stayed at our condo in Whistler for a long weekend one ski season. That was decades ago. Kind of cool though, as I still go up for at least one trip every year.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks