Toto Washlet C5 on an older Ultramax II without cord hole and other questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockstead

Reaction score
Last time I was here I ended up purchasing 3 x
Toto Ultramax II MS604114CEFG#01 based on it being Terry’s #1 choice.

I’m looking to add Bidets to my toilets and had some questions.

1. @Terry Love is the Toto Washlet C5 your #1 pick to match up with the Ultramax II ? Otherwise what is?

2. Does it matter that my Ultramax II doesn’t have the washlet cord hole? Does it make for an ugly install without it? Is this something to even consider?

3. Do I need a plumber to install the C5? I’m not what you would call a DYI but I can follow YouTube videos for stuff that you can’t mess up and doesn’t require finesse, I know I’ll need an electrician for a new plug.

4. I think the only diff between the C2 and the C5 is the fixed remote vs loose remote, I read a lot of reviews that say they don’t like the look of the fixed remote so I’m leaning towards the C5, but personally I don’t like the idea of people fumbling with the remote, do people generally fix these to the wall? Next to the toilet paper holder?

5. I was reading that the bidet puts out a perfumed mist to eliminate odours, just curious but does that mean you need to specifically use Toto refills for this mist or can you use something else?

6. Feels like a stupid question but do people generally stop using toilet paper with a bidet like this?

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some prefer the C2 with the controls on the side of the seat, good for when there isn't a wall or cabinet handy to place a remote.
The C5 has the remote, attached to wall or cabinet with a holder. You can leave it on the holder or remove it for a closer look.

Without the "Connect" hole in the bowl, you're getting the standard hose and cable. I normally put a waste basket on that side, so I'm not really thinking of those anyway.

These are an easy install. I like to pick up a 20" supply line which gives me plenty of room to curve the line to make my attachment to the fill valve for the tee adapter. A 16" will also work.

There is a premist to the bowl, wetting it down, and an air filter. The filters can be changed.

You will still use paper, but a lot less of it. And being in the North, so nice to sit on something warm in the Winter.

index.php

TOTO CW3074 Washlet, C2

sw2034-ms604-2.jpg

Last edited:

Rockstead

Reaction score
Some prefer the C2 with the controls on the side of the seat, good for when there isn't a wall or cabinet handy to place a remote.
The C5 has the remote, attached to wall or cabinet with a holder. You can leave it on the holder or remove it for a closer look.

Without the "Connect" hole in the bowl, you're getting the standard hose and cable. I normally put a waste basket on that side, so I'm not really thinking of those anyway.

These are an easy install. I like to pick up a 20" supply line which gives me plenty of room to curve the line to make my attachment to the fill valve for the tee adapter. A 16" will also work.

There is a premist to the bowl, wetting it down, and an air filter. The filters can be changed.

You will still use paper, but a lot less of it. And being in the North, so nice to sit on something warm in the Winter.
Thanks Terry, I’m leaning towards the C5 since I can attach it to the wall or cabinet.

So the fact that there is no connect hole should not be a deal breaker, any chance you have a reference photo to link that shows what it looks like without the connect hole?

I see that there are two models available, since I don’t have the connect hole do I get the SW3084 (Washlet) or the SW3084T40 (Washlet+)?

Thanks

Rockstead

Reaction score
@Terry Love

I spoke with Toto support, they were great and they said I need C5 model SW3084 (Washlet) for my Ultramax II that doesn’t have a connect hole.

They even sent me this attached image to see what it would look like, personally I find it looks really bad in this picture, the hose sticks out so much, is there a cleaner way to do it? They had mentioned all the necessary equipment is included with the C5, if there is a cleaner way to do it can you specify how and maybe a reference photo if you can find it.

19222206-C7BF-4351-B61F-021AC73BB1E4.jpeg

Rockstead

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my supply line, does that mean I will need to purchase this Tee, Toto support had mentioned everything I would need for the install would be included with the C5, is that not the case?

398352C8-01E6-478E-9ACE-8A2548EC9757.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockstead

Reaction score
This shows what’s included and what’s not, based on the picture I sent of my toilet, would I need anything in the optional picture? Seems the Tee is included.

Attachments

• 37B234B3-6688-4E7B-9B77-8FCE75342A66.jpeg
    37B234B3-6688-4E7B-9B77-8FCE75342A66.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 426C169F-DF9C-42D3-B71D-7DFA4F08220E.jpeg
    426C169F-DF9C-42D3-B71D-7DFA4F08220E.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 227

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The C5 we have in our showroom has a 90° swivel elbow at the hose where it meets the washlet. Not that hose coming straight out the side.

Attachments

• Toto C5.jpg
    Toto C5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 217
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks