Toto Wall hung drain line locations

Users who are viewing this thread

lingua

Reaction score
Hi there, first post and very appreciative of all the info on here.

Have gutted out my bathroom and chosen the Aquia wall hung. My condo is 4 feet below grade, on slab on grade, and so I am securing my framing for this to a block wall which should be even more secure than to typical framing (I think). I am framing my bump out with 2x6s and my question is this. Options for the drain line is to break concrete, go straight down and slope off as required under foundation, or for drain line to go 90 degrees, with appropriate slope, within wall bump out, and then to connect to main drain line 6' away (where plumbers are luckily already doing HOA work and have it opened up).

Plumber is charging 1500 for the "above foundation" drain line and 800 more for "below foundation line." This is for capping existing, carrier and toilet install, no framing or other work...seems pricey considering they have the foundation opened up already on HOA dime.

Anyhow, I'm reluctant for the easier cheaper option because I already hear drainage in the cast iron pipes running vertical in the walls from upper units, this with what was existing double 5/8 gypsum. Will I be hearing my toilet drain within my wall bump out on every flush???

I'll post back with step by step of the install. Is there an existing one already like the one piece version? Seems like this is a popular wall hung option so may be useful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks