Toto vs. EAGO

Users who are viewing this thread

Marina45ify

Reaction score
First I'll start by writing that I have no knowledge of toilets. My fiance's birthday is coming up around the same time as Christmas (23rd) and I figured that he definitely don't want to see the same old rusted toilet that we have. Even I tire from it. So I want to know the difference between the Toto and EAGO. I received a response to my craigslist post today from a rep with bluebath.com and the suggested that I get EAGO because it's eco-friendly and dual flush. When he explained the dual flush to me I really liked it. The idea of flushing in two ways is awesome but I don't want to buy something because it sounds cool so what do you guys know about this.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here are your choices. Option #1. Buy the EAGO off of Craig's list. This is an unknown product almost certainly made in China or India, and will be an "as is sale". That means you're stuck with it if it is a dud. Parts will be non-existent, so when you need a new fill value, you'll be out of luck. Or, option #2. Get a Toto Drake which is a proven quality toilet made by the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world and comes with a guarantee. Yes, the Toto will probably cost a lot more money up front, but will serve for years with minimum repairs with parts that are available everywhere.

Reaction score
My condolences to your fiancee on the 23rd birthday (it is mine as well...tend to use it as a day to shop for others or wrap gifts for them.)

Never heard of EAGO. My suggestion is to locate some reviews, prices, MaP data, as well as get an idea of the quality of the bowl rinse and the shape/size of the waterspot.

Toto does have the Aquia dual flush; call it option #3. My supposition has been that a 1.28 gpf HET/watersense toilet would do about as well as a dual flush for our family (two females, two males.) Females use TP more frequently than males and my understanding is that TP is more likely to require a complete flush to avoid double flushing.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Since its foundation in 1996, EAGO Sanitary Ware Co., Ltd has won a lot of honors and certificates, such as: “Top 10 Ceramic Sanitaryware Company”, “Top 10 Export Company”, “Top 10 Sanitary Ware Company” , “China’s Most Growth Enterprise Company”, “China’s Top 100 Kitchen & Bathroom Company”, selected in <Energy-Saving Products in Chinese Government Procurement List>, “10 Best Sanitary Ware Brands 2007”, “Designers’ Favorite Construction Material Brand”, approved by “China Water-Saving Product” certificate, “Selected Product in Sample Project of National Healthy Residence”, UPC, CUPC, TUV-CE, ISO9001-2000, CE of EU, Nigeria Certificate, etc.

Looks like they have a Uni-fit rough-in and CEFIONTECT finish, looks like a Toto rip-off.

They have a 27 month warranty, where did they come up with that number?

https://eagousa.com/toilets.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Achutch

Reaction score
I am not a professional, but I do know toilets. If I were you, I would not go with something that is unknown. In fact, some of the "knowns" should also be avoided. Read some of the posts in this forum and you'll learn what to avoid.

If I were you, I would spend the extra money and go with a Toto, as it is truly your safest option. I've had one for 4 years (Drake ADA model). To date it has performed flawlessly without clogging, which is essential as it is on the second floor. All parts are original, and should I need a flapper or a replacement cap for the Quiet Fill valve, the parts are readily available.

Also know that the pillars of this group will not steer wrong, and know what they are talking about.

Good luck with your decision.

achutch

Reaction score
Well that's important.

:D Yep, I chuckled when I saw that Nigeria certificate too. Perhaps it means that the owner of the company helped pay the ransom of an unknown distant cousin who happened to be a Nigerian prince... ;) Wonder if they ever got any of that investment back?

agruenke

Reaction score
EAGO is a high Quality Manufacturer and there product is on par if not better then Toto and Kohler. They are big in Europe and Asia just not as big here in USA and Canada yet.

They are far more affordable then Toto and Kohler as well.

Most of there 12" rough in toilets are all UPC Certified for Canada and US. and alot of there dual flush toilets are Water Sense certified as well. If anyone wants to see a copy of documentation or Map Test numbers you can message me I will be happy to provide it for you.

For your FYI EAGO actually produces most of Kohlers Ceramics in there factory for Kohler. The quality of EAGO is top notch you are just not paying for brand name as it is not as well known. you can find EAGO products at https://perfectbath.com/ or https://www.beautysaunasandbaths.com/ they also carry spare parts for all EAGO products they Carry. So YES parts are Readily available.

message me if you have any questions info@eagocanada.ca

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks