TOTO Vespin II tank options 1G vs. 1.28g

Users who are viewing this thread

dannyb007

Reaction score
Have decided to go with a Toto Vespin II connect plus and with a 14” unifit adapter and a S350e washlet. Now just looking at tank options and need help deciding.

Considering either the ST453U 1 gallon tank or the 1.28 gallon ST454E tank.

apart from their capacities, I see the 1 gallon tank is 15” wide vs. The 16 1/2” wide 1.28 gallon tank. I think this smaller looks nicer more flush along with a more modern looking handle.

However, I worry about the reliability, availability, cost and serviceability of the canister flush valve.

finally, I am concerned about the flushing performance/power of the 1 gallon tank along with cleanliness of the bowl as I assume the bowl water level would be lower and the flush would produce a lower bowl wash.

1 gallon or 1.28 gallon tank?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The level of the bowl water is determined by the design of the bowl trap, not the tank size. What helps is the longer the refill of the tank runs will allow more water to fill the bowl. I would go with the 1.28. I've have the Drake models so I cannot comment on your other question.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
upload_2020-12-12_8-0-24.gif

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The flush valve has been holding up, which is good since parts would be hard to get so far. I haven't needed any so far.

The flush is good either way, and if you really want more water on the flush, then holding the handle longer will drain the entire tank.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The narrower tank on the 1g version would allow the water in the tank to end up maybe a little higher. Just like in a water tower, the height is what provides pressure to the system. So, just guessing here, the 1g may move the water a little faster since the head (pressure) would be slightly greater with the water level higher.

Berry

Reaction score
I know it is not the same unit but I recently had a Toto Drake II 1gpf installed which uses the same flushing technology - no issues at all with the 1 gallon flush. It is quite powerful and cleans the bowl well. And I like the sleeker look

Last edited:

dannyb007

Reaction score
I see the 1 gallon has a MaP score of 600 vs. The 1.28 gallons 800 map score. Does this mean that the 1.28 has a better flush and that more gpf generally means a better or more complete flush?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks