TOTO Ultramax II, 1.0 GPF vs. 1.28 GPF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been asked, was not sure where to search.

Is the 1.0 GPF a newer version of the Ultramax II than the 1.28 GPF version?

Are there any pros or cons for the 1.0, other than the obvious it uses less water?

Thank you!

Lee

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.28 and the 1.0 use the same china.
It's just the flush valve that changes. You also have the option with either to hole the handle longer and use more water.
I've installed both for people, and they work nicely.

MS604114CEFG = 1.28 GPF
MS604114CUFG = 1.0 GPF

Last edited:
Reaction score
The issue I've had with the lower water use toilets, specifically the DYNAMAX TORNADO FLUSH Toto Drake CST746 1.6 GPF & 0.8 GPF
is the size of the water target. To put it bluntly, no matter how good your #2 aim is, there's going to be staining of the dry parts of the bowl.
This means brushing out the toilet each time (use, flush hard, wait for refill, add cleaner, brush, then flush a second time at .8 GPF to finish).

Thus it's a .8 GPF for #1, and 1.6+.8 for #2

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The issue I've had with the lower water use toilets, specifically the DYNAMAX TORNADO FLUSH Toto Drake CST746 1.6 GPF & 0.8 GPF

Totally different than the Drake II in the CST454 series and the Ultramax II in the MS604 series.
The CST746 with dual flush has the small water spot, not the 454 and 604.

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I didn't realize at first that they reduced from 1.6 GPF on the older Toto's to 1.28!

I'll likely get the 1.28 GPF, I can afford the extra water!

I'm getting around to this soon!

Finman

Reaction score
The 1.28 and the 1.0 use the same china.
It's just the flush valve that changes. You also have the option with either to hole the handle longer and use more water.
I've installed both for people, and they work nicely.

MS604114CEFG = 1.28 GPF
MS604114CUFG = 1.0 GPF

As an "end user" of a recently installed unit, I can second that the 1.0 works quite well, although holding down the handle does not appear to provide more water; it just triggers the "predetermined" flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks