Toto Ultramax Flushing/Draining problem

Users who are viewing this thread

swmpr

Reaction score
I have 3 Toto Ultramax toilets and I really like them. One of them has started to drain sometimes. I found a leak on the floor so I pulled it up, replaced the wax ring and re-installed it. Some days it works fine. Other times I will look and the water level is way down. I checked the tank and everything seems to work fine. When the water level in the bowl is down it won't flush properly. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm going to suspect that you might have a clogged line...
Is this toilet one of the lowest drains in your house?

swmpr

Reaction score
I ran a snake down the drain but it still doesn't work. It is the lowest drain in the house and we are on a septic system. The septic system was drained a couple years ago and there are only 2 of us. All of the other toilets and drains work fine.

swmpr

Reaction score
The line to the septic tank was plugged. We had them drain the tank (which wasn't needed) and they ran a hose up the drain line and cleared it. Plunging the toilet put enough pressure on the line from the toilet to clear it. Thanks for the comments I received.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks