Toto Ultimate - Issues and Misc. parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bimwad

Reaction score
I have an elongated Toto Ultimate that, aside from the seat, has been pretty good.

It came with the SS114 soft close seat that goes askew more than I would like. Since it sits adjacent to a wall, with access from the left, over time, the front of the seat invariably shifts toward the wall, and the seat becomes misaligned with the rim of the bowl. I periodically loosen the screws, re-align the seat, and then repeat; it doesn't seem to hold.

Subsequent to this, I've discovered another annoyance -- the decorative trim covers that snap into the seat pivot base and conceal the screw heads are too flimsy, and the retention tabs break off. They survived the first couple adjustments, but are shot now and need to be replaced.

Looking through the Toto parts sheets for both the toilet and the seat, they are nowhere to be found. I see only the hardware mounting (screw) set, and the covers are not pictured with them.

Does this mean they covers are not available separately, or at all?

I typically approach the parts counter prepared, but I'm stumped here, and really kind of irritated by the issues with the seat and now this.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
If they are the "Square" caps then no they are not available as a part as they are attached to the seat.
If they are the round caps then the part number is #THU511.

If you have a problem with the bolts coming loose. what i have done is replace them with a top mounting screw set they supply on their skirted toilet.
It is a rubber insert like a wall anchor you push that in the hole and then install the seat and the screw that comes with it is tightened and the anchor secures the seat and it will be more secure than the plastic set.
You can call Toto and tell them your missing a set it is part number THU651N.
If they ask which toilet you have tell them it is a MS874114SG "Carlyle" toilet.
It's part number 8
http://admin.totousa.com/Product%20Downloads/PD-00353,%20MS874114S_MS874114SG,%20V.02.pdf
THU651n.JPG

Bimwad

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

Using #THU11 as a search term, I've discovered that for whatever reason, Toto doesn't list the caps in the parts sheet for the elongated SS114 seat, but they do appear in the regular SS113 sheet, as part of the mounting parts set, or in a handy dandy set of 20 under the THU11 part number. Doh!

At least I know what the options are now.

As for the problem with the seat shifting, I don't believe it's an issue with the bolts coming loose. I tighten them as far as I think is safe without possibly cracking the porcelain. I think the disparity between the diameter of the mounting holes and the smaller diameter of the plastic bolts is the problem. The plastic pads that fit between the seat hinge and the toilet surface probably contribute to the movement as well by allowing the two surfaces to slide.

I'll give the expansion bolts a try. They appear on both parts sheets.

Bimwad

Reaction score
Followup:

Just spoke with Toto and they're going to set me up with the expansion bolts and replacement caps. Kudos for their customer service.

I also just realized that the parts sheet for the elongated seat is for a newer version with integrated covers, not the older version I apparently have. There is only one SS114 sheet on the site, which lead to the confusion. Another mystery solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks