Toto toilet seat question

Users who are viewing this thread

Whtdove3

Reaction score
We just bought a new round TOTO toilet and they accidentally shipped an elongated seat with it. I don't know yet if the store I got it from will have the round seat in stock (still to early in am to call) or if they'll have to order it. If they have to order it, I may just ask for a refund and go elsewhere today. My question is, is this a standard toilet seat I can buy anywhere? I called our local Ace Hardware last night and he said the toilets are fairly new and he couldn't guarantee their round seats would fit. I don't want to spend the time and money only to find out another seat won't work and I'll have to wait and order one.

Thanks in advance....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO is one of the oldest plumbing companies in the world.

In America, there are only two bowl shapes

Regular (Round)
Elongated

Any hardware store will have both sizes.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What some people find is that the factory seat matches the curves and color exactly and some aftermarket ones don't. Same with the color, hard to get an exact match. To some, that's not an issue as the seat is fully functional. The Toto soft-close feature is nice. I think Bemis also makes a similar one (somebody does).

kc1121

Reaction score
What some people find is that the factory seat matches the curves and color exactly and some aftermarket ones don't. Same with the color, hard to get an exact match. To some, that's not an issue as the seat is fully functional. The Toto soft-close feature is nice. I think Bemis also makes a similar one (somebody does).

I saw a soft close seat at Target recently, don't recall who made it though.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Sure Toto does not make their own seats, they are made by someone else.
Could be Bemis, Centoco...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks