Toto Toilet Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdbs3

Reaction score
A few years ago, I purchased two Toto Drake toilets after reading the comments on this forum – C744EG bowl with ST743 tank. I was sold on the CEFIONTECT to aid with the bowl wash. As per the literature - “CEFIONTECT glaze prevents debris, and mold from sticking to ceramic surfaces, leading to fewer chemicals and less water in cleaning.“

To date, we have never had a problem with clogging, but the bowl wash with the CEFIONTECT finish leaves much to be desired. A toilet brush is needed every time to clean off the waste left on the sides of the toilet bowl. No, this is not a diet issue. Oh well, it is what it is!

Now I need a third toilet. I'd prefer buying another Toto, but am more interested in getting a toilet where the waste the majority of the time is washed away by a single flush (as with my old circa 1978 toilets).

Any recommendations for what I am looking for? Or is this just the way it is with the low flush toilets unless one goes with a Toto Cyclone like toilets?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Diet plays a huge role in whether you leave 'skid marks', as does where and how you actually sit on the seat! But, that being said, no toilet sold that uses 1.6g or less will clean the bowl as well as some of the gully washers of old. The Totos do a pretty good job for most, and the Dual Cyclone flushing system is probably the best of the line. CEFIONTECT is smoother than a normal glaze, but can be damaged by acidic water and some cleaning chemicals. That can cause any toilet's finish to become etched, and let waste stick to it easier rather than being washed off. Never use an abrasive cleaner on one unless you want to defeat the effectiveness of the glaze.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks