Toto Toilet ~ Poor Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

JimB

Reaction score
I have a Toto toilet Model # CST764S(SG) Vespin that has been installed for about 4 years.

In the last month or so, it doesn't seem to flush with the same force as it did when it was new. I looked in the troubleshooting guide, and it said that for a poor flush, the trapway was obstructed. If the trapway was obstructed, wouldn't it cause the flush not to work at all?

We don't have kids, so no washcloths, etc. could be in there.

Do I need to call a plumber to take care of this, or is there something I can do on my own to correct this?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Trapway sounds about right.
Sometimes pouring a five gallon bucket of water into the bowl will do it.

Sometimes more is needed. Either plunging or augering.
I've pulled out make-up pens, pencils, shampoo bottles, sand dollars, toy cars, bars of soap, the dogs rubber ball,

JimB

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I will try the 5 gallon bucket of water suggestion. My wife and I both know that none of the items you mentioned could have accidentally gotten flushed down the toilet. Could it be that waste has built up in the trapway?

I wouldn't think so, because it seems that it would dissolve after awhile.

Thanks again... I am going to try the water trick you suggested... back in a few.

Jim

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You've never had guests with kids in the house? All it takes is one! Even a careless adult trying to flush a tampon rather than dumping it in the trash is all it takes.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Whenever I pull things from toilets, the homeowner is very surprised.
If they knew something had dropped in the bowl, they would have retrieved it.

JimB

Reaction score
I just tried the 5 gallon bucket suggestion... after pouring it in, the water level in the bowl went down, and then I flushed it, and it seemed to choke and wouldn't flush. I waited for the toilet tank to fill back up, and flushed it again... it flushed OK, but not with the same force as when it was new.

I think I will have to call a plumber.

Regards,

Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks