Users who are viewing this thread

Mark O.

Reaction score
Anyone know the differences between the following:
1. Toto Drake,
2. Drake 2,
3. Ultra Max, and
4. Ultra Max 2.
I need a round comfort height and want the best for our two adult home.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The II series incorporates Toto's newest bowl wash system and also includes their ultra smooth glazing system that is optional on many of the original series. As far as I have found, none of the II series comes in round (could be wrong). Note that a round bowl doesn't necessarily give you more knee room, since you end up sitting with a bit of the bowl between your legs rather than having your legs in front. Unless you absolutely need the clearance, an elongated bowl is usually worth it and may, in fact, not be much, if any, longer from the wall as some of the older round ones.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Unless you have no space in the bathrooms, I would go with the elongated bowls. They only add 1.5" to the length.

TOTO Entrada CST243EF, Round bowl, 16-1/8" high
TOTO Drake II, CST453EFG, Round bowl, 16-1/8" high
TOTO Entrada CST244EF, Elongated bowl, 16-1/8" high
TOTO Drake II, CST454CEFG, Elongated bowl, 16-1/8" high
TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG, Elongated bowl, 16-1/8" high

I sell these in Anchorage.

Mark O.

Reaction score
Thank you Jim for clarification on the original and II series. Perhaps the latter is a better option. I appreciate as well your and Terry's input on the elongated VS. round bowl. I was thinking round because that's what we currently have (although the inside measures about 10 and 5/8" X 13") and the remodeler suggested it would look better in a smaller bathroom. There is however, a space of about 31" between the bowl and tub so the clearance isn't that tight. I will have to decide on that and also see what's different about the Entrada model. Terry, where in Anchorage can I purchase these?
Mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks