Toto Suggestions for both "volume" and "marks"?

Users who are viewing this thread

dzd9fy

Reaction score
We will be renovating an existing bathroom and looking to replace the original 1950 AS once piece for an obvious multitude of reasons ranging from water consumption [how many gallons?], to performance [more on that later], to color [1950's pink!].

Anyway, the rest of the house has been retrofitted over the years by Toto and I was impressed with the performance upgrade and ease of maintenance; Ultramax in the master and the guest, Drake in the basement. This particular bathroom is what is considered the main bath by layout as it is on the end of the house between the other bedrooms. The objective is to find the best Toto to deal with both the 'volume' of solids per use as well as the associated 'marks'. Due to health issues this will be an ongoing concern so it is top of the list above appearance of the toilet. The current AS struggles with both the movement of the solids [not sure the best way to explain other than it leaves some 'breakdown' behind] as well as not addressing 'marks' from both above and below the water line.

Prefer a one piece for both looks and ease of keeping the outside clean with boys, but unclear on the aspect of flushing system when considering the two factors. Understand the aspect of sanigloss though our real world of one Ultramax with and one without does not make it a night and day difference, but looking at it as every little bit helps.

Suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Pick one of them with the Double Cyclone (II designation) in it, and you'll have Toto's latest bowl wash technology. Those only come with CEFIONTECT, which is taken into the equation on how best to get the job done. But, with 1, 1.28, or 1.6g flushes, you will not get the ability to soak and wash away all spots, but that toilet does a pretty good job, and better than many that use far more water.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
The UltraMax MS854114SL is 1.6g, has a large water spot, Elongated, and is ADA. CEFIONTECT is available and will probably cost about $100 more. You'll probably prefer a thin Kohler elongated toil seat, though.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms854114sl.pdf

Get the regular height elongated Drake for the other bathroom, 1.28g or 1.6g probably won't matter. Add the Toto soft close toilet seat from the UltraMax to it, since it is thicker, about 3/4" to 1" thick in the front.

Drake 1.6gpf, CST744SG, non-ADA, elongated, CEFIONTECT:
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/101-toto-drake-toilet-elongated-CEFIONTECT.html

CEFIONTECT in "-01" colour.
Drake 1.6gpf, non-ADA, elongated, non-CEFIONTECT: CST744S (no "G") Same link as above.
Drake 1.28gpf, CST744E, non-ADA, elongated:
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/9-toto-eco-drake-toilet-elongated.html

You will need to decide if you need a toilet with a right hand trip lever. Typically the handle should be on the side that faces the shower or bath tub, but the Drake may not have space problems depending on how far it is from the vanity cabinet, and since most people are right handed (meaning that they would probably flush with the left hand.) It would be more of a concern if it was a Drake II.

My Drake seldom spots or streaks, and when it streaks most are washed away when I do a half-lever urine flush shortly thereafter. Small spots above the water line necessitate a soft plastic bristle wipe, which on average I do about once or twice a month. I haven't needed to use dish washing detergent yet to wash the bowl. (Never use harsh chemicals to wash a toilet bowl, never use bleach inside the tank.) You could keep a bottle of liguid dish washing detergent in the bathroom and give it a squirt once a week, for instance.

Man, I took a BIG dump this morning! I was scared that it would clog the Drake. Nope. Didn't even come close. I only use Scott 1000 sheet single ply paper, no more than 2 feet at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks