TOTO Seat wobbles

Users who are viewing this thread

MargieCat

Reaction score
I'm sure there are older posts that address this very issue.

But my Ultramax II in my master bath has a wobbly seat. I believe it is the SS114 seat that came with the toilet. No matter how many times I tighten it, it becomes loose and wobbles again. It gets worse whenever the toilet is cleaned.

Now, I'll admit that I'm not a small person, but it seems that it should be more sturdy.

I was wondering if I should purchase a new seat or try and find some sort of bolt tightening kit.

I'm pretty sure the seat itself is fine, but the bolts don't seem large enough to prevent the loosening of the seat.

I have two other identical Ultramaxes with the same seats that don't get regular use, and those don't have this problem.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
These come with some toilets where access to the bottom is not available, but will work on any toilet. https://www.amazon.com/Toto-THU651N...1?keywords=THU651N&qid=1583363027&s=hi&sr=1-1 There are some generic ones, but their sizing may be slightly different

I suggest that you also buy some silicon plumber's grease and apply a bit to the threads of the screw. Over a number of years, it tends to get frozen in the fitting, and can then be a pain to remove should you need to. Cheap enough to try.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks