Toto Seat Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Beermati

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Toto Nexus 1-piece toilets and a Toto Carlyle II 1-piece toilet, both with the 'standard' soft close seat. They are both elongated bowls.

My wife complains about cleaning the underside of the seat, which is basically just the curved top part that you sit on, with four 'feet' that sit on the toilet rim. So, it's not 'flat' on the bottom, like most seats we've had, it's a concave shell, with the four foot posts.

Are there different Toto seats that would be flat, or other 3rd party seats that are recommended? We have the Cotton White and soft close is really the only preference. Oddly, none of the online stores I have found show any pictures of the underside or describe that 'feature'.

Thanks for any assistance!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You can use most any seat you find (say from a hardware store) as long as it has typical loose seat bolts.
You will end up reusing the bolts from the existing seat (assuming the toilets have the hidden seat attachment style).
This is based on my memory from the past.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A generic elongated seat generally will fit, but the color match between brands is not always perfect if that's an issue with you. Also, the exact curve may be different so there might be a little overhang, where the Toto seat pretty much aligns with the bowl. The Toto seats tend to have pads under the part that bolts to the bowl leaving a gap in the middle between them. Some seats are flat across between them, and if that area on your toilet is slightly crowned, you may not be able to get a seat attached that is flat there, or it may bow when tightening it down, making it move stiffer. Bemis makes a seat that has a quick release. Some like them, I've not owned one or really looked at one closely. It's the only other soft-close one that I've read about.

I don't know if Toto makes one that is more solid...I think they do have some commercial versions that may be, and they do make one made of wood. I'd call Toto.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks