Toto S350e and S300e Bidet seat review.

Users who are viewing this thread

JerryR

Reaction score
I installed a Toto SW584#01 Washlet S350e Toilet Seat-Elongated with ewater+ in my master bathroom.

While my wife was doing her first "test drive" she couldn't stop giggling. Now that she has mastered the custom settings she is hooked. She custom set the seat warmer, water temperature, water pressure, water position and blow dryer temp. This unit has 2 user presets.

When you walk into the toilet room the seat salutes you by automatically raising up, a night light comes on left side, LED light comes on to illuminate the bowl and a pre mist of "eWater" is applied to the inside of the bowl. When you sit on the seat it activates the deodorizer fan under your bum.

When your business is complete, you hit the front or rear button on the wall mounted rf remote to activate the water wash. You are greeted with a surprise warm water stream which you can select either steady, oscillating or pulsating warm water wash.

When you are confident you are clean, you hit the dryer button, sit there for a minute or two then hit stop or just get up and flush.

The unit then self cleans itself, sprays the bowl with some eWater and after 90 seconds the toilet seat drops slowly to down position.

Your hands never touch the seat.

My wife and I are both in our late 60's and we wish we had done this sooner.

About 2 months ago for the first time in my life I experienced a very painful hemorrhoid. It prompted a visit to local GI doctor for treatment. It sounds funny but let me tell you it was not funny. It was very painful to touch and wiping after boing your business almost brought tears to my eyes. Fortunatly it resolved without needing surgery but the bidet seat was a God send.

This Washlet, bidet seat is a wonderful appliance. Why are we in the U.S. so behind the rest of the civilized world in this arena?

Terry has posted many times about the benefits of bidet seats. Believe him.

Edit: installation took 15 minutes. The only thing that I opted for was to hire an electrician to run a GFCI plug for the washlet. At the same time , since he was crawling through the attic, I had home run boxes for some pendant lamps over the eat in bar and a ceiling mounted double box for 4 plugs in the patio area for a outdoor TV. While he was up there he pulled some cat6e cable for future outdoor cameras. That only added 1/2 hour labor.

S350e Washlet

s300e_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
To clarify a few points in your post...
The bowl LED only comes on briefly, the side LED stays on.
You can have both pulsating and oscillating on together.
The user presets can only remember the position and pressure settings. It always starts on the soft setting. It would have been nice if it remember all the setting, especially the higher water pressure setting.
There's also ECO settings to turn off the seat heater for certain intervals and the unit can also remember when you are not using it and turn off the seat heater. You can disable/enable any combo of settings.
Self raising seat can be disable if one prefers if toilet is in location that gets a lot of traffic. S300e is identical except for self raising seat feature.

I also have a cabinet next to the toilet like you do, only on the other side. I installed the GFCI inside the cabinet and drilled a hole one cabinet for the plug to go through. Also added the cap like on desks to clean up the drilled hole.

After a few months with my S350e, I'm very impressed with it.

TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

JerryR

Reaction score
I decided on this model for the following reasons;

1- I trust Toto brand. I've only installed Toto toilets in my last 3 homes.
2- Quality and performance is more important than cost to me.
3- Reviews for this model convinced me.

My wife originally thought I was nuts. Now she is a convert.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was down at a Toto dealer today looking for a box to send in my s350e which no longer will raise the lid for some reason, which is a bummer. I didn't realize Toto makes a few models of toilets (and coresponding washlets) that have a large hole for the electrical and plumbing to drop through so it is hidden and doesn't protrude out the side. Pretty cool looking!

ms604_connect_bowl.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
s350e-03.jpg

Thank you so much. We love the Toto. My only wish is that I wish the there were two buttons to open the lid and or seat separately. Many of the totos in Japan had this. Also wish it had auto flush. But otherwise awesome.
Omar

s350e-02.jpg

s350e-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks