Toto running after new valve, flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

das108

Reaction score
Ugh. Back for more help with the same Toto after this thread (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-iding-toto-model.70968/) .

I got the silver cap new valve and the Fluidmaster Universal 3" flapper. Installed both with little trouble, and I thought all was fine. That was yesterday. Just discovered its still running--tank not filling/staying filled, at least sometimes, although other times it seems fine. Flush valve problem? something else??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure that the float doesn't rub against something and keep it from moving freely. Double-check the chain length to the flapper. It needs to have a little slack in it, but also make sure that the end can't get caught underneath the edge of the flapper, preventing it from making a seal. Some of the replacement flappers have two ways to mount them...if your overflow tower has nubs on it to engage the flapper, you must cut out the sleeve of the flapper that otherwise would go around that pipe (assuming it has that...some do, some don't)...you can only use one method of attaching the flapper, and nubs are preferred.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks