Toto Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Magnum12

Reaction score
Hi. New member here. Long time plumber.
Just a little rant. I put several Toto Drakes in my home in SC but moved before getting an opportunity to evaluate them really. New house in OH and I installed two Drakes here as well. One main and one guest toilet. I like the 1.6 gpfs. After two years I started having a small hiss on the main toilet I guess because of the fill valve. Took apart cleaned it. Worked good for about 1 month. At the same time I started noticing the bowl water level inconsistent. Long story short, ordered a new Korky fill vale top and flapper. The top, avoids complete change out. I think they both have a 5 year guarantee. So why can't Toto install these into their toilets? These are not expensive items. The guest Drake has a pink flapper in it. I will wait for it to fail before addressing it.
Easy to get online.
M

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not all of the Totos sold in the USA are made in the USA. It depends on the location, sales, and inventory. So, they come assembled from the factory with whatever valve is sourced locally...i.e., they're different.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks