TOTO Nexus leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Shabou

Reaction score
Good evening all,

Got a question. Decided to remodel a 1/2 bath on the first floor of my house which sits on a slab. I installed a TOTO Nexus with the 14 inch rough in adapter. The floor is Pergo which sits on top of Pergo underlining. The sewer was cast iron which I used a Oatey Twist N Set to convert to PVC. I have installed many toilets but this is the first TOTO. Today after coming home from dinner, I walked into the bathroom and felt squish water noises under the Pergo floor. No water from around the toilet, pulled the toilet up and pulled up the adapter and it seems my new wax ring may have failed? The Twist N Set sits on top of the pergo floor. I used a the Johni Ring 3 inch toilet wax ring gasket from lowes. It seems that when I pushed down the TOTO adapter it didnt make a good seal with the wax, majority of the wax was inside of the Twist N Set.

Any ideas on what type of wax ring to use? Or the non wax types?

Reach4

Reaction score
I installed my Vespin II with the Unifit adapter. Because I had about a 13 or so rough-in, I was positioning the adapter carefully. I molded the wax to the shape I wanted. I wore nitrile gloves for easy cleanup.

I would wonder if your piping has a partial clog. While the toilet is lifted, I would make sure that the closet flange can accept the water from a full-on garden hose for maybe 5 minutes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks