Toto Neorest 500 MS950CG, Installing an old stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oceansider

Reaction score
I was gifted a never installed Neorest 500. It was a floor model, then it sat at someone's house for years uninstalled.

Q: I have yet to even plug it in or put batteries in the remote. Can I go ahead and do so? What should I test before installing? I assume no harm would be done just by plugging it in and trying to test the seat functions but wanted to make sure there are no internal pumps I'd be running dry. I also want to make sure (as much as possible) that I wasn't gifted a dud.

Q: Being an old toilet, are there any gaskets or seals that I should go ahead and replace with new? Nothing has been hooked up or used however just being dry for so long makes me question whether it would be a good idea.

I plan to do a 5 gallon bucket test today and from what I have read, will hope for a minimum of 1.5 gallons in 10 seconds.

I have electric next to the existing toilet and plan to move the water supply from 6" to about 10" from center (however it does call for 11.75" from center and 6" high).

I am also planning on using a fluidmaster waxless seal.

Thanks for a great forum, most every question I have ever had has been found on here ... until this pretty random one.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally wait to plug them in after the water is hooked up and turned on.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....et-product-review-and-comments-ms950cg.14022/

neorest-500-terrylove-01.jpg

neo-500-adapter-terrylove-01.jpg

You have some leeway on how far to the left their shutoff needs to be. Did your unit come with this package? The floor adapter and the required shutoff for their water supply?

Last edited:

Oceansider

Reaction score
Yes, it did come with the flange and water supply adapter. I assume 6" water supply (to the left) is a bit too tight. I need this toilet in operation so I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before installing. Thanks again for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks