TOTO Neorest 500 bowl surface no longer easy wash

Users who are viewing this thread

Margaret Manning

Reaction score
We bought the Neorest back when it made its debut at the Kitchen & Bath Show. Nearest 500. For more than a decade, the bowl was easy to clean. In fact, it seldom needed cleaning. Over the past year, it has begun accumulating stuff AND is always developing a ring at water level. We love the Neorest but hate the fact that it always seems dirty. I doubt that we used anything damaging to clean it. Is it normal for the bowl finish to deteriorate after that m7ch time? Tempted to get a newer model.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
ALL porcelain tends to accumulate invisible/microscopic mineral accumulation from urine and minerals in the water.
Toto and many other mfrs make optional special finishes that keep the bowl from accumulating better, but after a handful of years, even those finishes will build up similarly.
Removing the water in the bowl and using, say, CLR and letting it soak may give you some benefit.
I've used but do not recommend muriatic acid...but minerals keep on coming back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks