Toto making noise after flushing - fill valve advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward Chang

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was wondering if I could get some advice here with my Toto - starting a few days ago, anywhere between 30s and 2 minutes after flushing, the toilet would make a squealing/groaning type sound (see video here) and the water would keep running. Doing some googling, I thought it might be the flapper, which was frayed beyond belief and replaced that today - but the sound came back even worse than before!

It seems like the problem is with my fill valve or seal - looking at all the tutorials here, everyone seems to have the G-MAX fill valve where it's relatively easy to pop off the seal and clean or replace it. Mine is a power gravity (see attached IMG_2488.jpg) and when I lift the cap and I'm worried that I'll break something by prying off any of the white plastic parts. Any advice here or should I look to just replace the fill valve altogether?

Thanks in advance!
Ed

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 296

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That fill valve is not repairable. That's why we don't have repair information on it. Any standard fill valve will work for that.
Better ones are the Korky 528T and their MaxPerformance one. Fluidmaster makes a PerforMax fill valve.
Replace the supply line at the same time while you are working on it.

Edward Chang

Reaction score
That fill valve is not repairable. That's why we don't have repair information on it. Any standard fill valve will work for that.
Better ones are the Korky 528T and their MaxPerformance one. Fluidmaster makes a PerforMax fill valve.
Replace the supply line at the same time while you are working on it.

Thank you Terry!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks