ToTo Low Flow Toilets, Audible slow leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Catherine Landa

Reaction score
I just replaced four toilets in my house and collected the rebate for the change to low flow. Now, I am noticing a barely audible sound I associate with a slight leak around the stoppers.---what next? Dye tablets?

You would say call the plumber back, that is not going to happen, they will never come back for something small because they have too much work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Turn off the supply valve and see if the tank is empty by morning.

If the toilet has been running to refill the tank periodically, then yes, you have a leak. But, it is not uncommon for it to dribble a little water out for a few minutes out of the bowl down the drain as it equalizes the level. The bowl is like a cup that is filled to the brim. Any little disturbance can cause it to overflow a little. Wind through the vent system can affect it slightly. If the tank is emptying, then the flapper or its seat is likely leakiing. I'm assuming, it is not leaking onto the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks