Toto - is a Flapper or Tower type more desirable?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying a new toilet. I'm looking at the Toto with Washlet (Drake II or UltraMax II in ADA height.
I need to study a little the difference between Drake II C100 and Drake II S300e as there is about an $800 difference in price.
The Drake II S300e and UltraMax II are about the same price.

My question is on the Flapper type. I see there is a Tower Type (like in photo below. Photo from one of Terry's install threads) and a Flapper Type. I'm very familiar with the Flapper. I have never seen a Tower type before.

What is the purpose of the Tower?
What does it do that a Flapper can't do (looks more complicated)?

TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I think the difference in the Drake II line is that the C100 Washlet has built in controls (sort of jutting out from seat) and the S300e has a remote control. The toilets themselves seem to have the same finishes and flush action.

So it's looks like the difference is in the Washlet ( maybe the S300e Washlet has some other features besides the remote control, the C100 doesn't have to justify the $800 price difference).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally sell the Ultramax II with a softclose seat for $75 more.
The cost difference between the S300E Washlet and the C100 Washlet is quite large. I have two types of customers. Those that don't worry about how much the 300 is and those that think the C100 works good enough. I have the C100 in my Master Bath. They're nice. :)

The tower you show is their 1.0 gallon flush tank. They also have a 1.28 gallon tower on some models.

TOTO SW2034#01 C100 WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Reach4 - that was very helpful.

Terry, are you saying the Tower is used for the 1.0 gal flush and the Flapper is used for for the higher flush models?

I'm looking at the 1.28 model.
Do I "chose" a Flapper or Tower style when I order? If so, which is better?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The 1G (1.0gpf) version uses the setup in your picture. Very-precise and more-complex unit to measure the 1.0gpf very precisely.

The 1.28gpf tower isn't as complicated. Uses a more-standard handle setup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks