Toto install: Rank-beginner q's

Users who are viewing this thread

Aliris19

Reaction score
That's not really accurate, if I understand what you are saying. I'm not sure you understand how all this stuff interacts...

There are drawbacks to the push-tite.

And, FWIW, if Terry (or HJ or CacherChick) say to do something, that's usually the best advice...
OK, I'll try to just install a flange through the old one.

Aliris19

Reaction score
IMG_6282.JPG
It's a toilet!
IMG_6281.JPG
Sorry, not terribly informative. I should have taken pictures of the new flange. DH ended up securing not the lock-tite Sioux-Chief but another of theirs. It has a ring fastened to a pipe that inserts inside the drainage pipe but without gaskets to "lock" it. Turns out the hardware store had many of these on their shelves; they just didn't lead me to them when I asked. The delay was unnecessary.

The old flange was rusted thoroughly but set directly into concrete; it couldn't be gotten out. DH used lead taps, which were hard to seat because the concrete was poorly poured with air pockets and harder and easier patches to drill through, apparently. DH was not a happy camper.

I got the toilet installed but not without trouble and exasperation. Though I'd checked the threads were undamaged for the bolt head, on the toilet one became difficult to thread; took me a whole hour fighting with that thing.

Thank you all for all your help! Water seems to be holding and waste a flushing southward. How do plumbers greater than 100 pounds and 5'-2" even accomplish anything at all? I should think only contortionists need apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks