Toto Guinevere Clearance

Users who are viewing this thread

drones

Reaction score
I think I've settled on the Guinevere as the replacement toilets in the new home. The problem is the incoming water supply line. Rather than from the wall, it comes up from the floor. It is located 6" from the center of flange.
How much side clearance do I need in order to sit the toilet? I didn't see those specs called out in the Toto drawings.
Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The base is 12-3/16" wide.
That puts the supply in the floor right at the edge of the base and into it some.
The outlet on the Unifit is 2", which could mean that it could be offset to the side some in a 3" drain. It would be interesting.

ms974_02.jpg

drones

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I did see that measurement, and was wondering if what I saw on the rear of the toilet would be accurate: Does the unit curve in at the back? The attached pic shows the line and toilet. I believe this is a Kohler toilet installed.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0137.JPG.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 295

Reach4

Reaction score
You could re-route the supply line if you wanted to use the Guinevere. That would require some patching when done. If you were thinking about painting, patching is not that big of a deal.

Otherwise, the Promenade works with the existing supply, and it it might even be a tad quieter.

ms974_01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks