Toto flush valve leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1) The flapper is leaking, causing a constant refill. (The water level in the tank would be dropping, and then refilling) if that happens, either the large nut on the bottom of the tank needs to be tightened, or the flapper replaced.

2) The fill valve does not shut off. (The water would be going over the overflow tube) If that happens, the fill valve needs repair or replacement.

Jeff Rowley

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but it helped me solve my problem so I thought I would share the resolution for others.

1. New TOTO toilet and tank
2. New "fancy" valve system (rather than the traditional flapper valve)
3. The seal between the valve, the tank and the large 3.5" nut (underneath) was not sealing right and leaked when installed and filled with water
4. Purchased a "strap wrench" at the local hardware store ($15) and use it to loosen the nut
5. Used sandpaper to sand flat the irregular, small bumps at the bottom of the tank where the seal rested
6. Reinstalled valve and tightened the nut with the strap wrench (not too tight!)
7. Solved - No leak!

Thanks for the help on this forum . - JeffR

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks