Toto Flush lever complaint

Users who are viewing this thread

gottago

Reaction score
I also have a Toto Drake side handle failure. What is the difference with a Toto ST743E vs ST743S replacement handle. I can get an aftermarket S for $12.99 vs Toto E for $25.99
Thanks in advance

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
As Terry points out, the E and the S take the same handle. The difference in water consumption is all about the flapper and settings in the tank, not about the handle.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst453u-3.jpg

They do make a handle that is different for the U tank. That's the one gallon version of the Drake II tank.

MartinNYC

Reaction score
The nut broke on my lever, can I get a generic one and what are the specs for it? I saw that there is a replacement one sold on various sites as "Toto 9AU038 Mounting Nut for Trip Lever" for 10USD. There seem to be different number on the nut, one of mine is an 14, the other a 3. I suppose these numbers have nothing to do with the actual size of the nut.

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Old thread, but useful info for me as my Drake's handle failed in the same way as all the others. I've put a dab of grease in the pocket and it is working for now. I tried to buy a replacement off Amazon, but I would up with the wrong part. I'll track a plastic replacement one down at Home Despot or somewhere and fix the old one with a steel pin and some epoxy. Thanks to those who've gone before me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks