Toto fill valve water level vs korky maxperformance

Users who are viewing this thread

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Fyi for the fill valve experts/enthusiasts out there. I just replaced a toto power gravity fill valve (korky quietfill) with a korky quietfill maxperformance and noticed the water level marks on the two similar valves are quite different. The maxperformance level is an inch or so higher than the regular korky. This means that the maxperformance needs to near the bottom of its height adjustment to set the level correctly. Maybe korky did this so that the maxperformance would fit inside more tanks (shorter valve)? The critical level seems to be at the same point on both of them so I am not sure that works out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't see any difference between the two except that the MaxPerformance valve lets you adjust the bowl refill.

The body of the 528MP, 528T and the 528 use the same floor and assembly cap.
The MP lets you adjust bowl fill
The standard 528 underfills a TOTO bowl
Th 528T puts more water in the bowl refilll for TOTO

Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA

aquia_install_fill_valve.jpg

Last edited:

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Here is a side-by-side photo. From the top of the float case to the water level mark: on the 528T 0.70 inches, on the 528MP 0.32 inches. So the water level marks differ by 0.38 or 3/8". Maybe there is a different float assembly in the 528MP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's irrelevant exactly where on the whole assembly it is as long as there's enough height in the whole tank with the lid on to get it adjusted to the proper level. The fill valve should shut off when the water reaches that water level line and that line should be aligned with the mark on the tank. THen, the bowl/tank fill ratio must be adjusted properly so that bowl fills before the tank shuts it off. You don't want that to happen too soon, or to not be full, as that will affect either the overall flushing capability, or waste water, if it gets full before the tank does (any excess water just goes down the drain).

Crosstalk

Reaction score
I agree. I am just pointing out that you can't just count the number of pegs from a 528t tower and set the 528mp at the same number of pegs. It seems like korky redesigned the 528mp a bit to fit more tanks without hitting the lid.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Huh. If you look at the line of schmutz on the 528T, the actual water level appears to be higher than the line drawn on the float housing; indeed, it looks pretty close to the water line mark on the 528MP. Maybe they just adjusted that plastic line to reflect reality. I am not aware of them using a different float, etc., inside the valve.

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Good point about the water stain on the old one--that is 0.47" from the edge of the float housing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The real test at the end is that the water stops where it should as marked in the tank (generally somewhere around 1" or so from the top of the overflow, or where marked on the tank, if it is marked), regardless of the mark on the valve (which is a rough guide).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks