TOTO Entrada, CST244EF, CST243EF Review and comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Quite a few guys have used metal epoxy to fill in the bottom of the hole where the rod slips in to prevent it from breaking. Thread and pictures elsewhere.

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone had any issue with the Entrada being a little sluggish? I installed two for a relative and one siphons instantly and the other has a little bit of hesitation before siphoning quickly. I pulled it once and found the wax over the outlet a little thinking that may be the issue. I reset it very carefully and still found it flushing that way.
Not sure what the issue is. The good one was made in Ecuador and the weaker one was made in Indonesia.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Has anyone had any issue with the Entrada being a little sluggish? I installed two for a relative and one siphons instantly and the other has a little bit of hesitation before siphoning quickly. I pulled it once and found the wax over the outlet a little thinking that may be the issue. I reset it very carefully and still found it flushing that way.
Not sure what the issue is. The good one was made in Ecuador and the weaker one was made in Indonesia.

Have you checked the water levels in the tanks? The amount of slack in the chain to the flapper.
Also, floor lean can make a difference. The amount of water in the bowl to start with changes things somewhat.

cst243ef_blue_1.jpg

TOTO Entrada round front CST243EF

Last edited:

Flapper

Reaction score
A clogged siphon jet may cause this issue; I read a thread of poorly-performing kohlers that was caused by calcium build up in the siphon jet; fixed with muriatic acid.

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Have you checked the water levels in the tanks? The amount of slack in the chain to the flapper.
Also, floor lean can make a difference. The amount of water in the bowl to start with changes things somewhat.

Good idea, I didn't check the water level but at glance it looked like it was where it should be. The flapper stays open as long as the other one that flushes fine. When I held the handle it still hesitated then went straight down. I had to shim the back to make the bowl level but overall wasn't bad, and I used the regular wax without the funnel.
I loaded it down with paper and it still took it no problem but it just doesn't flush like what I'm used to with Toto, or even as good as the other one I installed in the same house.

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A clogged siphon jet may cause this issue; I read a thread of poorly-performing kohlers that was caused by calcium build up in the siphon jet; fixed with muriatic acid.

Funny it kinda flushes like the siphon jet is partially blocked, but it's a brand new toilet and when I stuck my hand in front of the jet it was quite forceful like it should be.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There might be an obstruction in the drain line near that toilet? Is it maybe over an offset flange? Something else funky?

But seriously the first thing I would check is whether the bowl is starting with a full level of water. Pour some water slowly into the bowl until it stops rising any higher, then let it rest. Once it settles, you have the "settle level" of the bowl. Mark it with a pencil. Does the toilet refill to here or above when you flush it? That's how you know you are starting with the right level of water in the bowl when the flush starts. Also, check the tank water level. On Toto, usually about a 1/2" below the top of the overflow riser. I run ours at maybe 1/4", but anything in that range is fine. Pop a level on it and make sure it's not tilted meaningfully-forward or meaningfully-back, as both will affect the flush.

TorontoTim

Reaction score
Following up on an old thread - the Entrada is still running strong as our only toilet at the cottage, 6 years later. Not a single problem - never used a plunger on it and it's survived winters with no trouble.

cst244ef_pic_13.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Small bathroom so it gets a small toilet. The Entrada with the universal height bowl was nice as an upgrade for someone needed the taller bowl.

cst243ef-neo-01.jpg

cst243ef-neo-02.jpg

map-cst244ef.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst243ef-terrylove-03.jpg

These flush really well. 1,000 grams on the MaP testing.
They wanted a tall bowl that didn't take up much space in the bathroom.

cst243ef-terrylove-02.jpg

cst243ef-terrylove-01.jpg

It's my go to toilet for a taller bowl in the beginner price range.

Berry

Reaction score
Just had one Entrada installed yesterday in a bathroom my wife primarily uses. Replaced a 30 year old rose colored 3.5 gallon Kohler that has been there from when we originally built the house. Alas, the flange had rusted and had to be replaced (neither of the repair flange kits my plumber tried could salvage it). So he had to cut out the old rusted one and install a new flange.

That said, the toilet flushes really well. My wife actually commented she can't believe how powerful of a flush it has for such little water, she said it flushes better than the old 3.5 gallon one it replaced. And the Universal Height made a big difference. I would recommend this.

Once the plumber is back in a few days to install the new Drake II 1 gpf in our master bath where he may need to move the water line (he ran out of time due to the unexpected flange repair), I will have a chance to compare the two

AZJeep

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Toto Entrada Model #CST244EFR-01

For future reference, are the parts like tank to bowl gasket, flush and fill valves etc. off the shelf parts (generic/universal) or is everything Toto exclusive parts? This would be my first Toto product so I am unsure.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm looking at the Toto Entrada Model #CST244EFR-01

For future reference, are the parts like tank to bowl gasket, flush and fill valves etc. off the shelf parts (generic/universal) or is everything Toto exclusive parts? This would be my first Toto product so I am unsure.

The Entrada uses a universal 3" flush valve and universal fill valve for the 1.28 GPF flush.

AZJeep

Reaction score
The Entrada uses a universal 3" flush valve and universal fill valve for the 1.28 GPF flush.

Thanks for the fast response.

I choose the Toto Entrada based on recommendations from your bulletin board. It doesn't have a ton of user reviews online, only 4 stars +/- so I probably would have passed over it had I not ran across it here.

edit: now the only decisions are what seat and wax or waxless.

The Toto #SS114-01 seat has good reviews overall but there are some who claim that it is cheaply made so I'm undecided.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto #SS114-01 seat has good reviews overall but there are some who claim that it is cheaply made so I'm undecided.

Any thoughts?

There are mainly two bowl shapes out there, regular (round) and elongated. TOTO was one of the first to have the slow close on their seats so that was a big selling feature. There are many different seats out there to choose from, some better than others. I prefer the Kohler Cachet seat over the SS114, except that the color match is better sticking with the TOTO and TOTO seats. Any hardware store will have a wall with different seats to choose from. I like seats that are some form of plastic, in that they are easier to keep clean, and you won't have paint chipping off.

Reviews from homeowners on hardware sites is really someone saying, I bought a new toilet in the last thirty years, I installed it, I flipped the lever and water came out of the tank and disappeared down the bowl. Woohoo!! It's awesome!

I've installed thousands and try out many of them for home use to get a better perspective on how they compare to each other.
The new toilets? They all work better than the 90's toilets when 1.6 became code and they hadn't quite figured out how to make that work.
We're now 2021 and everything is working better now.

Is the Entrada a good one? Yes, I sell them all the time, and the last two went in a relatives home.

cst244ef-terrylove-02.jpg

CST244EF with a wood seat.

cst244ef-sw2024-01.jpg

TOTO CST244EF with SW2024 Washlet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Installed four of these round front TOTO Entrada toilets in a home in Sammamish WA on Friday.

cst243ef-terrylove-04.jpg

cst243ef-terrylove-05.jpg

Pulled the builder grade with rusting tank bolts. These will work a lot better than the builder grade stuff we tossed.
TOTO also has really nice brass bolts for securing the tanks.

AZJeep

Reaction score
There are mainly two bowl shapes out there, regular (round) and elongated. TOTO was one of the first to have the slow close on their seats so that was a big selling feature. There are many different seats out there to choose from, some better than others. I prefer the Kohler Cachet seat over the SS114, except that the color match is better sticking with the TOTO and TOTO seats. Any hardware store will have a wall with different seats to choose from. I like seats that are some form of plastic, in that they are easier to keep clean, and you won't have paint chipping off.

Reviews from homeowners on hardware sites is really someone saying, I bought a new toilet in the last thirty years, I installed it, I flipped the lever and water came out of the tank and disappeared down the bowl. Woohoo!! It's awesome!

I've installed thousands and try out many of them for home use to get a better perspective on how they compare to each other.
The new toilets? They all work better than the 90's toilets when 1.6 became code and they hadn't quite figured out how to make that work.
We're now 2021 and everything is working better now.

Deleted Pics for space....

Is the Entrada a good one? Yes, I sell them all the time, and the last two went in a relatives home.

I installed the Toto Entrada with the Kohler Cachet seat about 45 days ago. So glad for your recommendations and that I listened to them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks