Toto Entrada and rough size

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I want to install two toilets (Toto Entrada) that has a rough in size of 12".

However, one of my toilets has a rough in of 11.25" and the other 11.5". I notice from the tech specs that there is only 3/4" of extra room in the back of the tank. Is this too close for comfort? Especially for the 11.25 one?

Should I choose a 10" rough in of another type toilet to be sure??

Thank you.

Mark Smith

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro. Buy one, and try it on the 11.25. There is some slop in the bolting system, so you can usually "cheat" the toilet some each way. I predict it will work, but I don't have relevant experience.

If it does not work, move that to the 11.5.

Rather than go to a 10, I would consider something like I did with a Unifit adapter. More money, but it lets you maximize bathroom space. You change toilets what -- every 40 years?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will be fine at 11-1/4" on the Entrada.
If you want to move it out a bit, set the bolts at 11-1/2" and drop it there. You have a 2-5/8" horn over a 3" pipe. There is some room there.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
All toilets are designed to have a space between the tank and wall. This space will vary from model to model regardless of brand. For example, I have two Toto toilets. A Drake and a Dartmouth. Each are installed on exactly 12" rough-ins. They each have over 2" spaces behind them. I would venture a guess that the two Entradas will fit just fine even with out "fudging" on the slop in the bolting. You should have a little space, but only enough to be able to lift the lid off the tank.

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Thank you very much to everyone for your input. I feel better and will reply back to let you know how it fit.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks