Toto Duofit, stuck washlet plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick Hodapp

Reaction score
I have an in-wall Toto Duofit tank which was installed about a year ago. We're now installing a Toto Washlet and I'm trying to remove the plug in the "optional washlet connector", so I can install a nipple and valve.

The plug is stuck. It's a brass plug with a 3/8" hex socket. I have a 3/8" T-handle Allen wrench but cannot make it turn. It's a tight space and I don't have a lot of leverage. I've ordered a 3/8" hex-bit socket for my socket wrench, but I'm concerned about really wrenching on it and breaking something. I'd hate to have to take the wall all apart!

Yes, I'm turning it counter-clockwise.

Any advice? What's the risk of breaking something if I really torque on it? I don't really recall how the fitting is attached to the frame of the DuoFit.

I believe the water connection itself is in the same brass T that the plug is in. When I installed the unit I threaded in a pex-adapter to the lower port on the T. I'm wondering if there's any way that adapter could be threaded in far enough as to be touching the plug and inhibiting it. Not sure if that's ever a concern? I'm just trying to think of reasons it would be stuck.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Usually brass doesn't get stuck in fittings. I havent installed the toto frame myself so no direct knowledge.

Just looked up an install video that toto put out and around 3:16 you can see the brass tee and it looks like its secured to the frame by 2 screws/bolts.

And looking again, I don't think there is any chance that a male threaded adapter would get far enough up past the threads to lock that plug. Spray some penetrating oil on the plug/threads over the course of a couple days and add some leverage to it. The T-handle allen probably isn't enough Umph.

index.php

thu468-04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
And how do you like the washlet with the wall hung? I haven't set one yet, besides our showroom model.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah. My first experience was in 2015. I'd installed a few, but never wanted to use it. But started working in a new office and there was one.. SO... I pressed the button... I didn't DIE! Lawl.. I've got several now! I'm going to get the portable version for camping and travelling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks