Toto Drake vs Drake ll and their 1.28 or 1.60?

Users who are viewing this thread

Donald Ziemski

Reaction score
Planning to buy very soon three new toilets. Done all the research. I want the Drake ll flushing system but thinking I might get the 1.60 vs the 1.28. What is recommended, does the 1.60 mean more water for perhaps better bowl cleaning,?
I wonder if the ECO flushing system how it compares to the Drake ll?
Any suggestions are welcome. I must have the CEFIONTECT (CeFiONtect)
Thanks,
Don

Donald Ziemski

Reaction score
So the Drake ll is preferred. Great. Any reason to go Drake with G Max?
What is your opinion of the new Kohler Cimarron with the Aqua Piston and the AS Vormax?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My personal opinion on Kohler is that they can make something nice, but they sometimes end up using non-standard parts that are hard to find or expensive when replacements become necessary. At least some parts in a toilet will require replacement eventually (maybe the fill valve but almost certainly any of the rubber seals). Being able to buy them at nearly any hardware or big box store is a big plus in my opinion. Then, Toto has, I think, the best quality control in the industry, especially when compared to AS. Both Kohler and AS went too many years on their reputations before producing a decent functional design (not talking style, that's a personal preference, I'm talking a functional design that actually works). Toto seemed to get it way before most out there. As a result, I think they're still a bit ahead of most others in function.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
No reason to go with the Original Drake unless you like the looks better or want to spend less money. I have two and it's great, but the Drake II is probably a little better on bowl rinse. As far as flush and waste disposal, they're all excellent.

Optum Vormax has a weird design inside the tank, unnecessary in my opinion. Kohler -- I don't pay attention to them due to an experience a long time ago. Like the Totos, though.

Magneto

Reaction score
Yep, they're all pretty much equivalent, pick one with good feature, or if your looking for a great toilet get one with a macerator unit installed. otherwise its all about what type of design you want to have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks