Toto Drake Toilet, replaced fill valve

Users who are viewing this thread

buzz64

Reaction score
I replaced the fill valve in a Toto Drake toilet with a Toto replacement fill valve, and it works fine except the tank now fills to the top of the overflow valve instead of slightly below the top. Can this be adjusted? It does not overflow, but comes very close to the top. Thanks for any suggestions.

buzz64

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The instructions did not address water level directly, but the video may help. Thanks for your quick response!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, here's the deal. Assuming, of course, that the replacement Toto fill valve is the Toto TSU99A.X Universal Replacement Fill Valve, also known as the Korky 528GT.

The Korky valve causes the water to shut off basically 1/2" below the point at which the blue top and black body intersect. So...if you line that up with the top of your overflow riser, and click it into place so it's locked, then the water will shut off, as it should, about 1/2" below the top of the overflow, which is generally where Toto wants it to shut off. The one wrinkle is that when you twist the valve head over the stem to lock, it actually rises a smidge. So the water level at shutoff will rise a smidge over where you thought it would be. So, err on the side of the line between black and blue aiming to a point just a smidge below the top of the overflow riser, and then when you twist, voila!, it will be where you want it. If you want the thing to shut off even lower, then just make the head lower on the stem of the valve. Raise the head -- higher water level. Lower the head -- lower water level. It's really that simple. Remember to twist and lock the valve before turning on the water, or the water pressure will shoot the head to the full extension of the stem, and thus be way higher than you want it. Once the water has been turned on, the pressure also serves to push the valve head up against the channel into which you have locked it, further locking it into place. It's very hard to push down with the water on, and it's designed that way, because that way you (or someone who is poking in your tank) can't accidentally-twist it and unlock it.

buzz64

Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I set the height the same as the filler valve I replaced (at the 5th rib), but I realize now that I should probably reset it 1 notch lower. Again, thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks