Toto Drake ST454E Rough-in >> help!

Users who are viewing this thread

C Sconzert

Reaction score
I called Toto and did not get the answer I was hoping for so I'm trying here for you creative Pro's before I give up.... I bought this TOTO toilet for a bath remodel several years ago. The remodel went sideways for a long time (don't ask), and now we are finally in the end zone. BUT the rough in is less than 12".

> Does anyone have a work around for this or am I going to have to buy a new toilet?

TOTO said to buy the Vespin and use the tank I already have.
Thanks for any Hail Mary you can throw my way.......
~C

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II CST454E will rough at 11.5" or more.
If you need something less, then the CST474 Vespin II with 10" Unifit will rough at 9.5" or more.

What is your measurement from wall to center of drain? You can also pick up 3/8" by shifting the closets bolts out further from the wall.

st454e-terrylove-1.jpg

Last edited:

C Sconzert

Reaction score
The Drake II CST454E will rough at 11.5" or more.
If you need something less, then the CST474 Vespin II with 10" Unifit will rough at 9.5" or more.

What is your measurement from wall to center of drain? You can also pick up 3/8" by shifting the closets bolts out further from the wall.
Sorry for the delay -- i just checked again and the center of the drain is 10.5". RATS! Looks like I'm buying a new bowl.....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you go for the Vespin bowl, check to make sure the shutoff is far enough over to the left. Something like 6" from center to center is the least you can get by with.
Or there is also the CST744EF.10 that works at less than 10".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks