Toto Drake Sedona Beige lead time

Users who are viewing this thread

Gadgetmonster

Reaction score
Replacing toilet in our guest bathroom where the sink and tub are bone color. Tall, 12" rough in, elongated. Toto match is CST744EL-12 Sedona Beige. In Indianapolis none of the plumbing supply houses have any in stock. All are saying they have PO's issued but Toto is not shipping any. 4 to 8 weeks estimated delivery. I believe I read here that Terry does not recommend having toilets shipped, too many come in damaged.
I am looking for ideas. I'm having flooring replaced in the next couple days. Was hoping to set the new Toto in place of the old 5 gal. toilet. I could have them put the old one back in then replace when new one comes in. Or is there a different model toilet that works as well that is usually found in stock at most supply houses?
I was sold on the Toto Drake because it is said that it swishes the bowl clean when it flushes. I have a 2 year old Elger 4021N that gets nasty under the front of the rim. Water never swishes up there. Toilet gets cleaned regularly but without serious scrubbing it turns black and gets pretty gross under the front rim. Wife is like... "find a toilet that does not do that then replace the Elger too". I have never had a toilet that gets nasty under the rim like that Elger.
Wait for the Toto or what?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd wait for the Toto and pick it up from the dealer. The things ship fine on a pallet with other things, but do not fare as well when shipped individually. I did have some shipped, but was ordering several along with some sinks, and it all came on a pallet...lots less likely to get dropped off the back of the truck!

The Drake II (or any of the Toto II series toilets) all use the rimless bowl wash. There are two large jets that come out sideways and swirl down the bowl. No lip like a typical toilet for crud to accumulate.

The stuff you're seeing on the toilet rim may be more a function of your water versus the wash, but with the special glaze and the new bowl rinse on the Toto, it should be both easier to clean, and need it less often.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks