Toto drake refilling problem

Users who are viewing this thread

kevin 71

Reaction score
I purchased 2 new toto drake toilets for my home (have been using for approx 6-8 months). Both do a great job but i have recently began to have problems with each toilet taking 1-4 minutes after flushing the toilet for the tank to begin to refill with water. Is this a common problem and how can i fix it? Any answers would help. Thanks!!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it's the Korky style fill valve, they can be cleaned by removing the cap.
Korky Style instructions

It's best to just replace the $2.49 part though.

They also use two other styles, for those I would contact Toto.

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited:

theplumber

Reaction score
Sediment could also get stuck back in the anglestop or between the flex connection into the ballcock. You can disconnect and try running the flex connector into a bucket to make sure your problem isn't in the wall. Don't forget to shut off the anglestop before you disconnect the supply line. :)

kevin 71

Reaction score
still problems with toto's

Cleaned both valves (they are korky style) and still having same problem. Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Kevin

Probedude

Reaction score
Can you tell if the float in the Korky is not dropping down after the flush? Or is it indeed dropping down but still the tank isn't filling?

The float uncovers a port on the top of the Korky valve, this allows the diaphragm inside the cap to actuate. If that port is blocked with crud, that would cause the problem you're seeing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks