Toto Drake - Pink Ring

Users who are viewing this thread

js0873

Reaction score
I have a Drake toilet and, like other toilets in our home, it is starting to develop a small pink ring around the water line. This can be cleaned with a brush, but will then reappear in about 10 days weeks or so. In our other, non-Toto toilets, we have installed a Fluidmaster Flush N' Sparkle system, which works just fine and eliminates this problem. Will this system, which contains bleach, damage the special bowl on the Drake? If so, are there other recommendations for permanently eliminating the pink ring around the water line?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If it is just around the water line and not the whole bowl area below the water line I am going to guess it is pink slime which is a type of mold. You may want to try the Clorox Teflon treatment for toilets. It should keep the bowl cleaner longer. You could try shocking the toilet by adding a cup of bleach to the tank water, stirring, and letting it sit for an hour or so then flush 1 time and let it sit for another hour then flush 3 times to get rid of any Clorox that may be left. This may help also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks