Toto Drake Noise+Bubbling

Users who are viewing this thread

Claustralia

Reaction score
We recently installed a new Toto Drake and noticed how loud it was after flushing. When opening the top, I saw a good bit of bubbling coming from the fill valve. Is this just a bad seal or is this working as intended? I would appreciate any help/advice.

Here is the video of it in action:
Thank you!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Air in the system would be purged once you opened up each branch in normal operation very quickly...unless this was the first time you'd flushed that toilet, or you're on a well that has issues, air should not be the problem.

Excessive water pressure could be. A worn seal in the flush valve could be (on some, that's easily and cheaply replaced).

Claustralia

Reaction score
This is brand new, so I'm going to think it might be the excessive water pressure. I'll turn down the valve a little and see if that helps.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Closing off the valve some does nothing to change the water pressure, but still might help...it affects the max volume flow, but not the pressure. Excessive pressure will put more strain on the seal in the toilet fill valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A little bit of water under the top cap isn't a big deal. Part of the anti-siphon there. There is also a replacement cap that hardware stores sell for about $5.00 as a repair item.

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks