Toto Drake - Loud refill

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrip541

Reaction score
What kind of pressure do you have? Most codes require a pressure reducer if it's over 80 PSI
Thanks! I don't know what my pressure is but closing the supply valve part way definitely improved things. I'll look into doing it the right way.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Partially closing the wall shutoff doesn't change the pressure, but it will slow the volume, and doesn't hurt. It can also make it easier later down the road to close the valve if it's not stuck tight up against it's fully open position. Higher pressure can cause the water to flow faster through the pipe and it will wear out the seals faster.

Mrip541

Reaction score
I bought a pressure gauge and I'm right at 60psi. I just replaced the fill valve and that solved the issue. Not ideal for a brand new toilet but it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't cracked on delivery so this seemed like the best solution.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I bought a pressure gauge and I'm right at 60psi. I just replaced the fill valve and that solved the issue. Not ideal for a brand new toilet but it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't cracked on delivery so this seemed like the best solution.

Toilets, made of porcelain, do not ship well. Long before Amazon figured out that I was a genius about the better toilets on the market, I was shipping from eight states. I was also breaking 20% of my shipments. Needless to say, I decided to quit doing that and concentrate on my local market. Hand delivery is the best for something that a Fedex or UPS driver can't lift. I see the little guys and gals driving by and laugh thinking that their only option is to push the damn toilet out the back onto the sidewalk and then claim that it was packaged wrong. I will be installing three TOTO Ultramax II's tomorrow and they will be perfect. My supplier is awesome at providing my with perfect products, and for me, a one-piece toilet is a piece of cake.
I went skiing today with my son and grandson, and yes, I smoked them. Don't tell Jamie that though. Sunny and warm on Stevens Pass today, there were people skiing without shirts today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks