TOTO Drake keeps running and no water is filling up in the reserve tank

Users who are viewing this thread

I4k20z3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ever since flushing this morning, our TOTO toilet keeps running the water and won't fill up the reserve tank. I've turned off the water for the time being, but am unsure as to why this happened or how to fix it? The water keeps running out of the black tube into the white cylinder, but the tank never fills.

Would anyone be able to look at the video and see if they might know what is going on or tips to get it fixed? I looked at other toilets that are similar and do not see anything obvious that is different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/riw9rhff45t85eu/IMG_3106.MOV?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc1bqcm1uhlg49v/IMG_3105.MOV?dl=0

IMG_3108_low.jpg

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tower isn't dropping down to seal. Either the handle is sticking, or you need to bend the brass rod and give the chain some slack.

I4k20z3

Reaction score
The tower isn't dropping down to seal. Either the handle is sticking, or you need to bend the brass rod and give the chain some slack.

Okay cool, I will give that a try! It's weird because we have been using this toilet for a year without any issue.

If the water keeps running, is that water going somewhere safely or should I be concerned about a leak somewhere?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water is going down the drain, no worries there.
Sometimes handles start to stick. That seems to be a weak point for many toilets. Gone are the handles from the 1920's that would last 100 years.

I4k20z3

Reaction score
The water is going down the drain, no worries there.
Sometimes handles start to stick. That seems to be a weak point for many toilets. Gone are the handles from the 1920's that would last 100 years.

that did the trick, thank you! there is a chain connected to the gold bar and i was able to move it one link down. not sure why it hasn't been a problem for the last year, but oh well! I love this forum for a novice like me who is really scared of home stuff. while most of the stuff for me on this forum is informational so I know what to chat about with a plumber, something small like this is super useful. thanks for making this community.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks