Toto Drake Installation Correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

moflow

Reaction score
I recently had a contractor install a Toto Eco Drake. I just wanted a sanity check of the supply line in the photo. Is tension created by the curved flexible line bad for the plastic tank fitting, since it is putting side tension on it? If a toilet brush or other object hits the line is there risk of failure?

The CPVC supply line from the house isn't very well supported, which is another issue. This is due to the house being re-plumbed a decade ago to change from polybutylene to CPVC, and they likely opened as little of the walls as possible to provide pipe supports. I didn't own the house at the time so have no idea what's inside the walls.

My previous plumber in another house installed my Totos with rigid supply lines, so this was never an issue.

Second question: The bowl washing in the front of the bowl is great and continuous. At the rear, (closest to tank) water only discreetly washes down directly below rim outlets, leaving a lot of the bowl free from being rinsed between the rim outlets. Is this normal? My older Toto Drakes seemed to rinse the bowl much better, but they were traditional Drakes, not Eco.

Attachments

• Toto-1.jpg
    Toto-1.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 300

Reach4

Reaction score
I think, after seeing it, it would have been a tad better for the hose to have pointed to 1 o'clock, rather than 12. But the compression force would not be bad as is.

Your valve is partially closed. Sometimes people do that on purpose.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Your contractor installed a nice quarter-turn ball valve instead of the cheap crap contractors sometimes install but good plumbers don't.

I would open that valve all the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks