Toto Drake II - in tank bowl cleaner options

Users who are viewing this thread

SK78

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a significant amount of research, mostly on terry love I bought 2 Drake CST454CEFG toilets.

Thank you to all whose posts helped out. So far I am quite pleased with my purchase.

One thing I ran into, and also see mentioned in other discussions is that my kaboom in tank bowl cleaner does not seem to fit. The hose in the tank has a larger inner diameter than the connections on the cleaner.

Based on the significant improvement I saw when I first installed the cleaner I don't want to be without it again. I called Toto customer service earlier today asking for options or advice and received a very disappointing response of "don't know, you should google that"

Has anyone found an in tank cleaner that will work with this Toilet, or a workaround for the Kaboom?

SK78

Reaction score
image.jpg

I think I came up with something, here is a picture to help out anyone searching in the future.
I marked the water line in the bowl before and after and there was not a noticeable difference in the water spot due to the thinner hose.

I cut the hose that came with the Kaboom system, (white/clear) and joined the black hose that came with the Toto fill valve by pushing the white line about 1/4 inch into the larger black line with some glue. The hose that came with the Kaboom system was flexible enough to go on the 90 degree fill spout that came with the Toto. When I do this on the second Toilet I will shorten the black hose to make it fit better.

When I bought the system the hose that came with the Kaboom was clear, the chemicals seem to have discolored it, that's why it looks like I have a white piece and a clear piece. The ~1 inch before the Kaboom and the piece after are all from the same piece that came with the Kaboom, so no need to buy anything else.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you want, pull the hose out of the fill valve, and cut that end a bit, then push it back on. If you want, while you're in there, remove the green cap so you can see the internals. The only wear piece in the valve is a cap that is easy to replace. Depending on your water quality and water pressure, that will last anywhere from a couple of years to much longer. It only takes a few minutes to replace and is much easier than just replacing the whole thing (and cheaper). I tend to have one laying around so when I notice things not working right, I just change the cap. Korky has a video on their website on how to service the valve.

When you notice that the flapper valve is starting to have the horizontal edges start to become concave, it's time to think about replacing the flapper. Again, water quality will determine how long that lasts. The rubber softens over time, and eventually, the edges will allow the interior to go lower and lower, and eventually, sink into the seat, letting water run continuously.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Jim, you probably didn't see the photo, because that's not a Korky fill valve; it looks like maybe the Voreto or maybe the other one they've been using.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yep, sorry, missed that...it's not a Korky valve made for Toto. YOu could still probably pull the hose out and shorten it if you wanted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks