Toto drake ii - flush appears to cause water droplets underneath the seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikey123

Reaction score
Hi - anyone else run into this issue?
It appears that there are water droplets on the underside of my new toto drake ii, round bowl. Any thoughts on if this is an issue, how to fix, or what can be done here?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 154

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I replaced about 200 toilets in a tower once and One of them cause a significant amount of splash out of the bowl.. So the manufacture sent an engineer out and we went around to each of them and performed multiple flushes with a clear sheet of plexiglas to observe the splash pattern. There was a certain amount of splash that was deemed acceptable or not. Out of the 200, 15 were unacceptable and were scheduled for replacement. But instead, the engineer got out a set of small files and ground down the porcelain around the areas causing the splash and we didn't replace a single one.. we finished early and went and had beers instead.

Saran wrap is a good substitute if you don't have plexiglas, just remember to remove it before anyone else uses the toilet.

Mikey123

Reaction score
I replaced about 200 toilets in a tower once and One of them cause a significant amount of splash out of the bowl.. So the manufacture sent an engineer out and we went around to each of them and performed multiple flushes with a clear sheet of plexiglas to observe the splash pattern. There was a certain amount of splash that was deemed acceptable or not. Out of the 200, 15 were unacceptable and were scheduled for replacement. But instead, the engineer got out a set of small files and ground down the porcelain around the areas causing the splash and we didn't replace a single one.. we finished early and went and had beers instead.

Saran wrap is a good substitute if you don't have plexiglas, just remember to remove it before anyone else uses the toilet.

Thanks a lot for the insight. The water droplets don't occur after every flash; it is a bit mysterious to me the pattern of when it appears. From your experience, does this look like anything concerning to you given the amount of droplets? I assume it is clean water

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If its very infrequent then I probably wouldn't worry about it. If its frequent enough that water collects and then drips onto the floor, then I would worry about it. Maybe the next few flushes are more closely observed to see where the splashing is coming from.

Mikey123

Reaction score
If its very infrequent then I probably wouldn't worry about it. If its frequent enough that water collects and then drips onto the floor, then I would worry about it. Maybe the next few flushes are more closely observed to see where the splashing is coming from.
Do you have much experience with the kohler cimarron rev 360 round?
Wondering if that one would make more sense for my next round toilet vs another toto drake ii

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have any or much with that particular model. Most of the Kohler toilets we install are the Highline/Wellworths.. That's what the designer we work with the most likes so that's what we sell them! I have a Drake II dual flush that I like just fine..

Looked up the Cimaron MaP score. 1000!
While the Drake II scored 800..

https://www.map-testing.com/assets/files/2021-05-04-All_tank-type_toilets.xls.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks