TOTO Drake II CST454CEFG - Leak and fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Gall

Reaction score
Hi,

Just reporting that I replaced out my flapper and the fill valve. I used the following parts:

Korky 3060 Flapper - Adjustment set to 6
Korky 528MP (Silver) - Fill Value

Everything seems to be working good. I had to adjust the fill valve one notch lower after I initially installed it so the water wouldn't seep into the overflow. Everything seemed pretty straightforward. I initially transferred the small PVC tube on the with OE flapper chain, but it turns out it wasn't designed for the korky so the new chain is now bare.

I tried timing the tank with bowl fill with a dry erase marker, but that flushed off and I didn't want to use a pencil on the CEFIONTECT. Basically I eye balled it. It's currently set to 3/4 power level. Is there a better method?

I never changed out the fill valve and probably didn't need to, but as a newbie home owner I wanted the experience. The old flapper looked deformed so I'm attributing the leak to that, so I saved the OE fill valve as a backup.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There is a little measuring key that sometimes comes in the little parts bag that can be used to set the proper position of the little refill flow knob on the 528MP, but eyeballing it is just as effective; perhaps even more-so because how long the tank takes to refill (and thus how much bowl refill occurs) is going to depend in part on how high you set the water level in the tank. It's not a perfectly-exact science, and it sounds like you did a good job!

If the original fill valve wasn't a Korky, you just installed the best of the 3 fill valves that Toto uses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks