Toto Drake II (CST454CEFG#01) vs American Standard Champion 4 (2034.314.020)

Users who are viewing this thread

Libby Donovan

Reaction score
I need to replace the toilet in our powder room. It's our only toilet on the main floor so it gets used frequently. I did a lot of comparison research and narrowed it down to 2. Looking for a final recommendation. My top priorities are #1 - no clogging #2 - easy cleaning/stays clean (interior and exterior) and #3 quiet. Also hoping to stay under $500 (which is why I didn't include the Toto UltraMax II MS604114CEFG)

Toto Drake II (CST454CEFG#01)
Pro: water usage= 1.28gal/flush, Tornado flush and CeFiONtect glaze/Con: 2 piece, seat not included

American Standard Champion 4 (2034.314.020)
Pros: largest flush valve and trap size/Con: water usage= 1.6gal/flush, poor reviews of included seat

If you have a different recommendation that is superior in my budget (especially one with a concealed trap way), I am open to other suggestions. Thanks!!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Toto toilets. We have them in our office and at home. The Drake has been our top selling toilet for years

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think you should look at the newest TOTO, the CST776CEFG

index.php

Has the good bowl finish, the good rinse, and the good flush.
TOTO has been calling it the Drake 2021

New Drake Toilet 2021 upgrades coming soon | Terry Love Plumbing Advice & Remodel DIY & Professional Forum

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks